Create or make a checklist in Microsoft Word Create a fillable checklist Make Printable Checklist Modify symbols for the list
The Microsoft office suite allows us to perform a wide variety of tasks efficiently and easily. Making a checklist in Word is one of those tasks that we will have to carry out on many occasions..
Create or make a checklist in Microsoft Word
We can make two kinds of checklists in Word, depending on what we need. The first allows us to print and check items in a list of empty boxes, while the second has a list of boxes that can be checked in the application while doing our homework.
Create a fillable checklist
- The first thing we will have to do is enable the Developer tab or mode in the top menu.
- We go to File and then we will choose Options> Customize ribbon, we will have to check the option Developer or Programmer and we will click on OK to apply the changes.
- Once we have the Developer or Programmer tab, we will have to go to it and look for “Content control for repeating sections” and choose the “Checkbox (form control)” icon.
- We can also go to the File tab and click on New.
- We will enter the text Forms in the Search for online templates box and press Enter when the result appears.
- We can find a wide variety of templates that we can choose from among the results. The ideal is to browse through the proposals and choose the one that suits us.
Make Printable Checklist
If we want to create a checklist that we can print, there are different ways to do it. Although here we are going to see the easiest way to do it..
- We create a new Word document.
- Let's go to the first line where we will add a list of elements.
- Next, we go to the “Home” tab and choose the dropdown list for bullets.
- We will choose the empty circle under the Bullet Library section.
- The circle will appear, where we will have to write the first list of elements.
- We'll hit Enter when we're done and we'll have to write the list of items in the next empty circle.
Modify symbols for the list
In case we need a symbol that stands out in the checklist other than the X that comes by default, we will follow these steps:
We go to the developers tab, which we previously enabled and we will click on Properties. Next, we will need to navigate to and select Content Control Properties.
We will click on Change next to the Marked symbol option and we will choose the symbol that we want from the options, to finish, we will click on “OK” and the changes will be applied immediately..