If you are looking to put your PS4 to Blu-ray duty now that you have a PS5, you can easily do so by transferring all of your data from the PS4 to the PS5. This includes game saves and the games themselves..
It's a simple operation, but it does require having both of your consoles on hand, so don't put the old console away just yet. You can do this over the internet so it's a pretty straightforward process.
Here is the video from Sony which explains everything very clearly:
- Update your PS4 with the latest software and log into the PSN account you plan to use for the PS5.
- Connect the PS4 and the PS5 to the same network.
- Data can be transferred over Wi-Fi or by connecting them together with an Ethernet cable.
- PS4 physical games are automatically installed on the PS5. They can also be installed on an external hard drive.
- Saved data can also be transferred this way, but PS Plus users can save their data to the cloud for uploading directly to their PS5.
It's that simple. Have fun with your new console and pay tribute to your PS4 that has been faithful to you for so long..