Playlists are a new feature in TikTok that is just gaining popularity. It helps users categorize their own videos, similar to keeping them Relevant on Instagram..
So viewers will quickly find a video, if it is related to the previous one by topic or plot - the clips will follow each other.
How to create a playlist in TikTok account
Why do I need a playlist on Tik Tok? How does this feature help you as an author:
- you will distribute videos to separate playlists and simplify navigation for subscribers or new users,
- you will help people spend less time searching on Tik Tok, if you split the videos, the reach will grow,
- if you make a content plan, you can quickly categorize videos.
To create a playlist use this instruction:
- Go to your profile section.
- Click on the "Sort videos by playlists" hint above the video tab.
- Use the social media instructions to add your video to the playlist. You can also name the section - up to 15 characters.
In addition to this method, you can sort the clips through the "Share" item. For this:
- Go to your personal profile and open the video at your discretion.
- Tap on the arrow or three dots to share a video, or hold the screen and hold your finger.
- Select the Add to Playlist option and then Create Playlist.
- Use the social media instructions to finish moving the video to the new section.
How to add and remove videos in a Tik Tok playlist
If you have already created a playlist and want to move the video into it, then follow the steps:
- Open the video on your profile.
- Tap the arrow or three dots icon or hold the screen with your finger to bring up a menu with functions.
- Select the "Add to Playlist" option.
- Select the playlist you want.
If you published a private video on Tik Tok or closed your profile, then sorting by section will not be available for a specific video or for all..
Also, a video cannot be added simultaneously to two playlists - it can only be stored in one.
Also, you can add videos to your section right away during posting. For this you need:
- select the function "Add to playlist" on the publication page,
- select the section you need - if you have not created any, you will not be able to add a clip to the playlist during publication,
- post a video.
To use the option, first create a playlist and start publishing the video..
To remove a video from a section, use this method:
- Open a video that has already been added to its own section.
- Click on the arrow or three dots to open a menu with functions.
- Select the "Remove from playlist" option.
How to change playlist in Tik Tok
If you want to change or edit your own sections, go to the settings section. For this:
- Go to the playlist and click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the Edit Playlist option to edit the section. You can also change it right there.
When you have entered the edit point, you can use the following functions:
- click on "Remove video" or "Add video" to add and remove one or more clips,
- tap on the three shelves on the right side of the video clip to place it somewhere else in the playlist - this way you can change the sequence of videos,
- when you change the section the way you want, click on the "Finish" button. After that, the changes will be saved.
- If you do not want to save from, click on "Cancel".
If you have not changed the sequence of clips, then the last added clips will be at the top. Therefore, your subscribers have previously watched the content from the end. You can now change the sequence so that the first entry is at the top, not the last.
How to watch someone else's playlist in Tik Tok
If you want to look at other people's sections with clips, use this method:
- While watching a clip, click on the "Playlist" button under the username.
- Select the video that you want to watch - for this you can scroll the section up and down.
Interaction with other people's videos from the section is the same as before - you can like, comment, rewind or download videos from Tik Tok. The only difference is that you can flip through the clips in a convenient order - they follow each other according to the plot or theme.
How to split videos by playlists in Tik Tok
If you haven't done a content plan or worked with video headings before, it can be difficult to sort your videos. Therefore, we recommend trying these options:
- For stories: If you like to tell subscriber stories from time to time in several parts, send them in one section. It is important to place so that the first part is at the top and the last at the bottom - this will make it easier to see.
- For expert videos: if you are sharing knowledge, for example, in psychology, programming, writing, combine the videos in one section. This will help subscribers find a video with an interesting topic to study.
- For advertising. If you do not hide in your videos that you are advertising a product, you can put this content in a separate section. Subscribers will see that this is an advertisement so they can decide whether they want to watch it or not.
- For fun. Here, collect the videos that you exhibited for the sake of humor.
- For the good. Here you can include clips with life hacks, useful observations, your own discoveries, which will make life easier for subscribers.
- For duets on Tik Tok, reactions or joint videos. Combine clips that you have filmed with someone indirectly or specifically into a playlist - not all users rate this content.
You can use these groups as a basis for your content. Better create custom playlists. To do this, differentiate the content on the page by topics and headings and combine videos that are similar to each other in some way.
Unfortunately, the playlists feature in TikTok was released only in some countries: in others it is still being tested. Therefore, the Tik Tok update will appear for many users only in the summer and autumn.