This year, gamers around the globe are celebrating the launch of the new Xbox Series X and S consoles. With each new console launch, a whole new generation of gamers have their first opportunity to play console games..
The latest generation of consoles encourages users to use the variety of community features present on the device, not only to play games but also to share their gaming experiences with their friends.
In the first week of the console's release, Xbox saw a record number of registered users for their game pass services. To do so, users needed a Microsoft account..
When you create an Xbox account, you'll need to choose a nickname, a unique name that players can identify you with online.
However, after a while, players may choose to change the account nickname for several reasons. Luckily for gamers, this process is pretty straightforward..
How to change my nickname on Xbox Series X / S?
- Go to the Xbox Home screen.
- Select your profile at the top left of the screen. This will bring up a menu including a tab called "My Profile." "
- Select My Profile and choose Customize my Profile. Now you will be able to modify several aspects of your profile.
- Selecting the nickname options will enable editing and allow you to change your nickname.
- Once you have chosen your desired name, click on "check availability" and you will be notified if the nickname is available. Like older Xbox generations, only one player can have a specific nickname.