Since 2014, Google offers via its My Business service (formerly, a marketing tool to help small and medium-sized businesses gain visibility on its search engine. Here are some simple and useful tips for creating and optimizing your Google My Business page..
Design an optimized company profile
Search engine, voice assistant, video sharing platform (YouTube), web browser (Chrome), mobile operating system (Android), Google services are omnipresent in our daily lives.
In the digital age, companies must be present on the internet. The vast majority of shoppers now get information online before buying in-store. Hence the importance of setting up an SEO strategy to develop the presence of your business on the internet..
Whatever activity your establishment carries out, Google provides you with a free tool (Google My Business) to improve your local SEO. This way, when an Internet user searches for your business, your presentation sheet will automatically appear on the first page and not on the second or third page.
Configure your Google My Business account
The Google My Business account therefore guarantees you visibility on the net without spending a single cent. It is therefore necessary, not to say essential, to create your Google My Business listing. Here are the different steps for your business listing..
- Open your web browser
- Type in the URL field or paste the following address: https://www.google.com/business/
- Click on the blue button manage my profile
- Enter your Google account credentials
- If you don't have one, you must create one
- Make sure to use an email address with the work email domain
- Then click on the button add your business to Google
- Select the activity of your establishment (restaurant, clothing, consultant, etc.)
- Add the address of your point of sale (if you have one)
- If you offer a delivery service or a pick-up point, do not forget to specify it
- The tool offers you the possibility to display your flagship products, add photos (logo, cover photo, your workplace, your products)
- Then enter your professional number as well as the address of your website or Facebook page
- Check the yes box if you want to receive notifications about updates from Google My Business
- Press the button to finish creating your company listing.
Don't be surprised if your business profile doesn't show up on Google's search engine results. Now that you have configured your My Business account, you will have to validate it.
- Sign in to your Google My Business account
- Choose one of the verification methods (phone, email, mail)
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen
- You will then receive a postcard, an SMS or an email with a validation code
Then all you need to do is enter the five-digit verification code. Please note that this code must not be communicated to a third person. Note that the validation code automatically expires after 30 days.
Please note that it may take several weeks for your company listing to be displayed. In the meantime, Google will offer you to enrich your business listing and add it to Google Maps.
Do not forget to write a description respecting the limit of 750 characters maximum or to add personalized pots. This is a great way to build your online reputation.