We cannot deny that the Internet is a wonderful place, full of information and entertainment for practically all age ranges. However, for the little ones it can become a double-edged sword. That is why, to take care of the children at home, the ideal would be to block a website on Android , avoid all the websites that are necessary and that do not offer content suitable for their ages..
Use a firewall to block websites on Android
The fastest and easiest solution to be able to block a website on Android is to use an app firewall. We can use one like NoRoot Firewall for this, which can help us block different websites on our device.
- The first thing we will have to do is download NoRoot Firewall on our device.
- Next, we launch the application and click on the Global button at the bottom.
- Now we press “New pre filter”.
- We write the URL of the website that we want to block.
- We check the boxes for Wi-Fi and mobile data.
- We will have to press the asterisk icon for the port option and click on “Accept”.
- To finish, click on "Start" which is a little further down and then "Start".
After adding a website to NoRoot Firewall, the same firewall will take care of blocking any attempts to load the website in the future. Even if you try, you will see a connection error..
Obviously, if we want to access the web, we will have to remove the website from the firewall in question to be able to access it.
Block a website on Android with Trend Micro
An excellent alternative is to use Trend Micro Mobile Security. Even this application is used to read QR codes to be able to search for Wi-Fi passwords, it is a fairly complete app..
The app gives us the possibility to assign different types of categories, such as adult entertainment or gambling, block specific websites, etc. It is ideal for when we leave the children with mobile devices.
Something that we must take into consideration is that many of the functions of this app require a subscription, although we can use it for free for 14 days to test it.
- The first thing we will do is download and install the application on our device.
- We start the app and go to Parental Controls.
- In the Website Filter section, click on the switch to enable it.
- We will choose an age range that is appropriate; the app will automatically block anything that it does not consider appropriate for that age range.
- We press the checkbox next to certain categories so that we can block these websites, based on the app's filters.
- If we want to block a specific website, we can click on “Blocked list” in the menu.
- In the Blocked List, we can click on “Add” to be able to add any specific website, when we finish we click on “Save”.
When someone tries to access a website and Trend Micro is activated, if this website is blocked, a security message will appear confirming that the website is not accessible.
Block websites with BlockSite
Another option that we have is BlockSite. It has a fairly clean and simple interface that allows us to block any website on Android quickly and effectively.
- Let's start by installing the app from the Play Store and launching it.
- When you open it, we can see a list of blocking suggestions, which include known websites. We can click on any of the suggested sites to block them immediately.
- It is also possible to type it in the search bar and then press it to add it to the list.
- To finish, click on “Done” to save the list.
Any website that we want to block on BlockSite will be completely inaccessible until we remove it from the block list. When trying to enter the web, we can see an error message, instead of the page.
The free version has limitations, it only allows us to block up to nine elements. If we want to block more, it is necessary to upgrade to an unlimited plan for $9.99 per year; additionally, this plan unlocks more interesting options in the app.