We all once wrote a WhatsApp message that we would have preferred never to send. You know this kind of message hardly sent already regretted. In these cases, we would like to be able to go back and make this moment never exist. If you cannot go back in time, here is a tip to delete a WhatsApp message before it is read by your contact..
Cancel sending a message on WhatsApp
Do you always want to be quick too, so sometimes you forget to check the recipient's name or the content of your messages? Let someone who has never mistakenly sent an embarrassing message to their boss, ex or family member throw the first stone at me.
We don't always realize it, but a simple click on the send button of our favorite instant messaging application is sometimes enough to turn a life into a nightmare. Obviously when this kind of situation occurs, we find ourselves totally helpless. We also wonder why the developers have not yet implemented an option to cancel the sending of a message ..
You have 7 minutes to delete a message on WhatsApp
What if your dream comes true? Good news, thanks to the new function implemented by WhatsApp, you will be able to remotely erase all messages sent by mistake or on a whim.
Please note, to take advantage of this new feature, you will still need to meet three conditions. First, your contact must have a recent version of the WhatsApp application. Second, the deletion should be done within 7 minutes of sending the message . And of course it is imperative that the contact has not yet read it. But hey, it makes sense..
Cancel sending a WhatsApp message
How it works ? Nothing's easier. However, it will be necessary to be quick. As we saw earlier, you can delete messages only seven minutes after they are sent. Once this period has passed, it is theoretically impossible to do so. But rest assured, there is a method to work around this restriction.
- Launch the WhatsApp Messenger app
- Open the discussion containing the message you want to delete
- Then keep your finger pressed on the conversion to delete
- Click on the Delete option at the top of the screen (trash can icon)
- Then select the delete option for everyone
Your message will not completely disappear from your interlocutor's discussion thread. The content will be replaced by the following: this message has been deleted. Please note that WhatsApp specifies that in the event of an error during the deletion process, you will not receive any alert message.
Remember that this operation only works with the latest versions of WhatsApp. If a member of your discussion group has not updated their messaging app for a while, the message may not be deleted from their smartphone.
What about WhatsApp notifications?
As you most certainly know, Android users can decide to display the content of incoming messages directly in the notification bar of their phone. If your WhatsApp contact had their smartphone in hand when sending your message, they may have had time to read it or at least read part of it.
Also keep in mind that deleting a message can cause doubts to those around you. You will therefore need to prepare for an interrogation. It's up to you to be convincing in your explanations. A lie cannot be improvised.
How to bypass the 7 minute limit
WhatsApp has completely arbitrarily set the time limit for deleting a message to 7 minutes. However, clever little ones have discovered a manipulation allowing to circumvent this device. Please note, the procedure detailed below does not work on all smartphones.
- Activate airplane mode on your smartphone
- Also turn off Wi-Fi
- Open your phone settings
- Click on Applications
- Select from the WhatsApp list
- Click on the Force stop button
- Return to the settings home page
- Press the Date and time heading
- Disable automatic time mode
- Click on the option set the time and enter a schedule a few minutes before sending your message
- Launch WhatsApp and delete the message by following the procedure detailed above
- Connect your smartphone to the internet
- Restart WhatsApp several times until you see the message indicating a synchronization error
- Sync your phone
- Wait a few minutes then reset the standard time in the settings