The new DualSense controller for PlayStation offers a unique level of immersion that is second to none in the market..
Between haptic sensors and adaptive triggers, the controller is loaded with features that provide a new feeling to gameplay to match the hardware of the PS5.
Players lucky enough to get their hands on a PS5 the day it is released will get the controller right in the box. The setup is done easily, because the controller is an integral part of the console..
Once the console is installed, it can be difficult to find out where the power button went after the PlayStation 4; in addition, the way you turn off the controller has also changed.
How to turn the PS5 DualSense controller on and off
- Make sure the controller is connected to the consoles you plan to use it on. If not connected, the controller will attempt to turn on but will not be able to locate the device before shutting down.
- If it's connected, just press the PlayStation button in the center of the controller.
- Once it's done, it should connect to the console and be ready to use.
- To turn off the controller, press the PlayStation button to access the menu screen. Then press the button again to open the next menu.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will notice an icon for the controller with the number 1 and the amount of battery remaining in the device.
- Navigate to and select the option to bring up a list of connected accessories. Then select the wireless controller you want to turn off.
- This will open the last menu with the option to turn off the controller. After selecting it, the lights on the controller should turn off with a notification.
The only other way to turn the controller on and off is by simply turning the console on and off..
This procedure has changed since the PS4 and is now accessible, just like the procedure for the controller explained above. It will be necessary to access the ignition tab after the accessories, where it will be possible to turn off or put the console on standby.
Sleep mode will charge the connected controllers while the console is not active.