Are you being harassed by your PS5 which reads absolutely everything that is happening on your screen? You might have missed the option to turn off the text-to-speech while you were setting up your console..
Here are some steps to turn off your PS5's text-to-speech.
- Go to the PS5 home screen.
- Click on the Settings icon at the top right of your screen. It is between the search button and your profile.
- Once in the Settings menu, select Accessibility, which should be the second option.
- On the left side of the screen, select Screen Reading, which should bring up more options.
- Click the Disable Text-to-Speech option to turn it off. If the following options like Playback speed are grayed out, the narrator is turned off.
If you can't find the right option, here's a very helpful video guide ..
Text-to-speech is a good accessibility option for those who need it, but could get very annoying for people who don't.