We all have our little secrets. Lies, shameful failures or hidden passions, there are some things you would like to keep to yourself. If you have a few games or apps that you love but don't own, you'll be happy to know that it's now possible to hide app pages on the iPhone home screen..
Cleaning the home pages of the iPhone
Whatever we say we all have guilty pleasures. You know these little things that we love to do but are a little ashamed to love either because we find them ridiculous or too childish. You probably have some weird or totally stupid apps on your iPhone.
Obviously you would like to keep these games and applications secret. That's good. Since the arrival of iOS 14, the iPhone has a new feature allowing you to hide one or more home pages of your iPhone..
This little trick not only allows you to hide some of these applications but also to facilitate navigation on the home screen of your iPhone. By reducing the number of pages, you will highlight the applications that you use regularly. The time savings are far from negligible.
Delete a home page on iOS
Apple does not offer an official function to hide apps stored in iPhone or iPad memory. However, there are a few very simple workarounds you can do to keep certain apps out of prying eyes..
Rather than leaving your app icons on the home screen of your device in plain sight, why not put the ones you don't know on the same page. Then all you have to do is delete this page from your home screen and you're done. Your friends and relatives will see nothing but fire.
- Go to the home screen of your iPhone or iPad
- Transfer all the icons of the applications you want to make invisible on the same page
- You will find in this link a method to simultaneously move several apps on the home screen
- Once all your apps (weird or shameful) are on the same page, we'll be able to move on to the next step.
- Return to the home screen
- Place your finger on an empty area (without a widget or icon) for a few seconds until your whole screen starts to shake
- You can also long press on an app and select mode change home screen
- A scroll bar will appear at the bottom of the window
- Click on it
- Uncheck the application pages that you do not want to appear, i.e. the screens containing the icons to hide
- Confirm your choice by pressing the Ok button at the top right of the window
Now all you have to do is scroll through the different home pages of your phone to make sure that the deselected pages do not appear. This method obviously does not completely hide your applications, but it becomes difficult to find them accidentally.
Hide apps from iPhone search
We all have at one time or another used the iPhone's search function to find a lost game or application. In short, you will understand, a determined person could use this tool to get their hands on your hidden applications.
It is therefore essential to prevent this overly curious friend from accessing this function. To do this, we will simply hide the applications from the search function. This can be done in just a few minutes.
- Open your iPhone settings
- Tap on Siri and search
- Scroll down to the applications section
- Select the app you want to hide
- Deselect the following switches: learn from this app, show app in search, suggest app, and show content in search
- Repeat the same procedure for all the applications to be removed from the search
The new iPhone mobile operating system offers different features to hide the apps that you don't support. These devices are not very complex to set up and ensure a certain confidentiality.