Targeted ads on Tik Tok differ from regular ads in that they target the blogger's target audience, not each user. This increases the chances of getting a tangible result in the form of a large number of subscribers, sales, an increase in likes and comments..
Working with targeting in TikTok on the blogger's page is an important tool to promote your account and convey your offer to TikTokers. The process is not clear to everyone, so it is better to make out the subtleties. In this article, we analyze the entire mechanism for launching an advertising campaign on Tik Tok.
Types of advertising in TikTok
Before setting up targeted ads on TikTok, it's best to explore the types of ads on the platform to determine how you interact with users. It is also important to know the cost of advertising on Tik Tok..
The following advertising campaigns exist on the platform:
- Hashtag Challenge. This feature in TikTok was not previously seen as a way to advertise, but was created to entertain users. Brands and tiktokers are now using it to expand their presence on the platform.
This happens thanks to the creation of an original hashtag. Other users use it in their descriptions for videos. So they contribute to the promotion of the author and his own.
- Brand Takeover is a feed that impacts users immediately after visiting the app. It is made bright and catchy to attract attention in a couple of seconds, until the tiktoker closes the tab. Such an advertising campaign is designed in the form of a gif, video clip or picture with a text-appeal.
- In-Feed Native Video. This is a common type of ad clip because it increases conversions faster. This happens because the video gets caught in TikTok recommendations among other content.
Users with less chances are scrolling through it, because such feeds are native, and until the end of the video it is difficult to understand that this is an advertisement.
- Masks, stickers and lenses with brand or company notes. Users use these features all the time, so the chances of getting a return on them are higher.
When people apply these effects, they unknowingly advertise your brand, which increases conversions dramatically.
- Advertising through TikTokers. This method of promotion through targeted advertising on TikTok is popularized by a blogger every year more actively. This is due to the affordability of filing, as well as the ease of ordering and working.
For registration, they find a user with a similar target audience, agree on the price and subtleties of the project, and then pay for the work and wait for the result within the first hours after the publication of the advertising content.
If a blogger is trying to create a quality feed, the investment pays off because one subscriber will cost you less in the end.
You can set up targeting through these types of submissions, but you will have to work on the content in order for the publication to be targeted to your target audience.
However, there is another way to configure it. It is automated, so Tiktokers often prefer it..
Setting up targeting in Tik Tok
If you want to set up targeting, the dedicated TikTok Ads service will help you. Follow the instructions below to make the process go faster:
- Go to the service and select the "Create advertisement" function.
- Next, you need to find the Campaign item. Then click on Create.
- You will need to create an ad account. In many countries, you can register such an account only as a company, but not as a blogger. Therefore, you will need to provide information about the company and fill out a special form.
- Later, a menu will open with options for targeting advertising in TikTok. Choose the option you need. The following goals are currently available: Traffic, Conversions, App installation, Reach, Video views.
- It is important to understand how much budget is spent on a campaign. Specify this data in the next menu and save the value. If the information is out of date, after a while you can change it in the application.
- Next, the ad placement setting opens. It could be TikTok, as well as platforms like BuzzVideo and Vigo Video, Helo or Pangle. But if you have installed the Russia region in TikTok, then some options will be closed for you.
- The next section begins fine-tuning your targeting. Here you choose where your target audience lives, its gender, age, interests, languages.
Before installing, it's best to reanalyze your target audience to make sure the information is relevant. This will help Statistics in TikTok.
- After that, you can specify on which days of the week the ad will be shown on the selected platforms. This will help to reduce spending and correctly regulate budget expenditures.
In addition to setting up ads, the launch of the targeting itself is also important. It is discussed below.
You will be interested in how blogger advertising works on Tik Tok.
How to launch targeted advertising on Tik Tok
The ad feed will drop out to target users, but they will not accept it if it is not fully framed. When you create your new ad, follow these steps to get your campaign ready to launch:
- choose a layout design that suits your taste or profile style,
- see what the future ad will look like to adjust it before it's too late,
- add text and title to the layout. This is an important step because copy also affects conversions. If you do not know how to write advertising offers, it is better to order a service from an expert in copywriting,
- at the end click on the "Submit" button for your submission to be published.
The launch of targeted advertising on TikTok will not happen at the same time, as it will be considered by Tik Tok moderation.
If you violate the rules of the Tik Tok community, you will be denied publication, so keep an eye on the filling of the submission. If you designed the campaign correctly, the application will be approved and published. In case of an error, you can delete your ad post.
Advantages and Disadvantages of TikTok Targeting
If you are in doubt about whether to use this method of advertising, analyze its benefits. Bloggers set their own price for ads, and this is hard to influence. For offers from a platform like the Hashtag Challenge, a specific cost is fixed.
With the TikTok Ads app, you can set your own budget for expenses. This helps to save money, but the effectiveness of such a presentation is lower.