- Google Analytics is a platform that we sometimes put aside, but that stores a lot of important information when it comes to knowing more about the traffic of our blog or website
- Using their participation, conversion and relevance lists, you can learn more about your audience. Taking the necessary measures to give them a quality page and content
Beyond your specific commercial key objectives, we are sure that web positioning, or SEO, will be part of your strategy to attract the attention of potential clients. And although there are many ways to do it, one of the most efficient is to measure the quality of your traffic using Google Analytics ..
The idea is that, before getting lost in that jungle of metrics that you can access taking advantage of the different tools available, you stop at just a few of them. As for example with Analytics and its solutions related to quality traffic control, to obtain an even more solid SEO strategy .
Why is traffic quality important to SEO success?
This is the first question we must answer. And first of all, you should know that, at the end of the day, analysts agree that quality traffic is what accelerates business success. Especially if it is about the necessary post-publication optimization of your blogs or web pages..
By working on it, you will improve the conversion rate and the number of potential customers will increase. Obviously, multiplying the fanaticism of the customers that make up the traffic makes them much more reliable .
And how to measure the quality of your organic traffic in Google Analytics?
We can continue talking about Google Analytics, but today we will focus specifically on the quality of traffic, leaving a review of that platform for later, to tell you that there are factors to take into account:
- Engagement metrics : time on site, pages per session, exit rate
- Conversion metrics : conversion rate, form submissions, other goals met
- Relevance metrics : bounce rate, geographic location of the user, new and returning visitors
Participation metrics include time spent on site, number of pages viewed per session in addition to landing page, exit rate or frequency with which they leave the web, etc..
Engagement metrics include form submissions, specific task completions, fake conversions, and more. All this, always thinking about the optimization of your Internet portal.
Engagement metrics include user geographic location, bounce rates, new and returning visitors, and more. Many times we lose sight of them. You must not fall into that error.
How to use Analytics data to improve traffic quality?
Google Analytics data is valuable because it helps us prioritize and strategize to improve the quality of our SEO traffic. To really see the benefits of using Google Analytics and improving the quality of site traffic, you need to monitor engagement, conversion, and relevance metrics over a long period of time .
Optimizing your published content is an easy way to improve the quality of your traffic and increase engagement. To do this, you want to apply keyword research that matches your search intent.
Faced with underperforming conversion metrics
Now that you know how to measure the quality of your traffic using Google Analytics, or at least what to measure, you may be wondering what can be done in the face of a series of poorly performing conversion metrics .
- Use direct response writing techniques - Use compelling language that encourages users to take immediate action. Leave out the complicated wording, with metaphors and assumptions, and go straight to the point.
- Optimize calls to action : calls to action or CTAs must be located in the correct points, marked with the correct colors, and carry the correct text. On the contrary, it will only hinder.
- Avoid distractions : Some say that pop-ups can give you good results, but in our experience, it is best that you start by avoiding all possible distractions for your customers.
Faced with low-performance relevance metrics
The same as before obviously holds against a number of underperforming relevance metrics.
- Aim for the right keywords : Do keyword research before starting your blog or website. Think like a customer and try to identify exactly what your specific searches would be.
- Review the topic and focus : Sometimes the problem is not with the selected keywords, but with the topic and focus in general, so you can investigate what the competition is doing, for example.
- Improve site speed : 1 in 4 consumers will abandon a website that takes several seconds to load, and that forces you to take action to try to improve its performance in this regard. Pagespeed Insights from Google is another tool from The Big G that might help you.
As we said before, experience indicates that, at the end of the day, the more qualified traffic, the more money we will make. Therefore, our goal will be to work to create a portal with high-quality content and experience. By doing so, we will be closer to filtering and "purifying" that traffic, so that it consumes what we offer.
All the above metrics contain very important information that you should consider when the time comes. You can set two or three priorities and work on them , before moving on to the next metrics.