Increasing the autonomy of the laptop is essential for it to last us a long time. The battery of your laptop is one of those parts that you have to pay special attention to. In this article we will start with general care to extend your life .
- Don't wait for your computer to run out of battery power to plug it in. We hope that this myth has already been banished because for a long time the batteries no longer respond effectively to this ritual. Lithium ion batteries work better with partial charges: it is always much better not to let it go below 30% and also not to take it beyond 80% because it causes overexertion. The important thing is not to obsess and plug it in and unplug it when needed. The best thing is, without a doubt, to go for a fast-charging laptop, such as the Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i Pro and a battery with up to 19 hours of autonomy. There will be no working day that will resist you.
- You can leave your laptop always connected to the network , since laptops have protection mechanisms against overloads. However, before leaving an always connected laptop, consider the possibility of purchasing a tower.
- If you are not going to use the laptop, store it with a 40% charge : it is the most stable for lithium ion batteries and the one recommended by the manufacturers.
- Protect the laptop from high temperatures : they are what harm batteries the most. If you can, avoid overheating the equipment and, above all, do not store it in places that are too hot. A good example is to avoid leaving the machine in the trunk of a car parked in the sun.
There are other tricks that you can put into practice to increase the autonomy of the laptop..
- Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth . All wireless communications spend quite a lot of energy resources. If we are not going to use them, it is best to deactivate them.
- Lower the screen brightness . It is one of the elements that consumes the most battery. We can lower the brightness of the screen to the minimum level to perform our task.
- Close programs you don't use . All open applications, even if we are not using them, consume resources and this reduces our battery. It is best to close everything that we are not using.
- Uses power saving profiles . Most laptops have energy efficient panels. These are settings that will cause the computer to behave differently whether it is plugged in or not. For example, activating sleep mode more quickly in case of running on battery.