When we share any type of content on social networks, it is always necessary to know the objective we are pursuing, since depending on what we do, who we are and what audiences we address, the purpose can be very different in some cases and in others..
This happens when, with digital marketing, we use any social network: and therefore what we are commenting on is not very different in the case of Instagram Reels. When we design, execute and publish this type of videos, it will be essential to know what type of effects we want to cause in the viewer and, consequently, what action we want them to perform. That is, what is our purpose when creating that Reel.
To achieve our goals, we can guide the user along the path to get him to perform the action we want, that is, be somewhat persuasive in the development of the Reel in order to achieve a set goal. In these cases, it will be essential to make a call to action to the viewers to guide them and make them carry out the act that we have as a goal with the creation of our Reel, but in any case we are going to delve into this topic to be much clearer from first time this. In this particular section of the course we will delve into the following aspects:
- What is a call to action or CTA.
- Characteristics of a good call to action or CTA.
- Types of calls to action on Instagram Reels and examples.
What is a call to action or CTA (Call to Action)?
Calls to action are a direct marketing strategy that helps us get the viewer to perform a specific action that we want them to do.
With these calls to action we will be favoring the interaction between our content and the people who are viewing it, in addition to being able to take advantage of the viewer's attention to redirect visits to other sites that interest us..
A CTA can encompass a lot of actions, from clicking a button, clicking a link, filling out a form, reading a blog or simply pushing the other person to perform a certain action at a precise moment.
1 Characteristics of a call to action or CTA
Since the purpose of a call to action is to persuade the viewer and get him to perform an action that we are interested in doing, we must take into account how the call to action should be. And for it to be effective, it must meet the following points that we are going to develop below:
Be clear who you are addressing in your call to action
To create a very good call to action, you must be clear about the type of audience you are targeting and what you want to get from them.
In this way we can adapt the message to this specific segment and ensure that the call to action has the desired effect on them. This is how we will achieve our goal.
It must be concrete, clear and concise
The message must reach the viewer clearly, and for this it is best that the call to action be as direct as possible.
Use direct language and use the first person
Go directly to the person you want to persuade. Avoid going around, not being very direct or not making the message you want to convey very clear.
With this we will be able to directly influence the attention of the person we are addressing, and we obtain the objective of drawing attention to the user. The chances that the call to action we make will be more effective if we address someone directly is much greater than if we do not do it this way. Using pronouns like "You" and the possessive "you" we can make them feel referred to and recognized directly.
Begin the call to action with an action verb
Action verbs are those that express the meaning of the actions that we want the subject to perform: Comment, save, buy, get...
These verbs that address the viewer directly make it very clear what action we want them to take and are the most effective in getting it to happen. For this reason, they are the verbs that we must use when we make a call to action..
Use the correct language to make your CTA
In addition to starting with action verbs, make sure the language you use is correct to be fully persuasive with your call to action.
The tone should be professional and friendly, but not extremely colloquial, since in this way we will not focus so much on the attention of the person who is looking at us.
Do not include multiple calls to action
As we have already mentioned, your message must be clear and direct so that it is understood by the viewer. In this way, if we include more than one call to action on our part, the message will be somewhat convoluted and it will not be entirely clear what action we want them to carry out.
The calls to action must pursue a single objective, and therefore we must indicate it this way: A single action that we want to achieve from the other person. With several, the message is less direct and clear, and therefore less effective.
You can introduce a sense of urgency
By thinking that it is a limited time for anything, the sense of urgency is much greater and more people will feel compelled to make this call to action.
Show benefits in your call to action
A good way for someone to perform an action that benefits us is for this person performing this action to receive a benefit in return.
It's a way of saying, "If you do this, you'll get this," and it's a formula that gets repeated a lot in calls to action. In the next section you will see many examples of this.
The call to action should be simple
When we ask the person who is looking at us to perform a certain action, we must bear in mind that it must be simple and fast. If the task takes longer than desired or is somewhat complicated, we run the risk that this person will not perform it. For this reason, the more we simplify and the more direct we are, the better results we will obtain.
2 Types of calls to action for Instagram Reels and examples
Given that it is a call to action and how a good call to action should be to be effective, we are going to delve into the types of calls to action that we can include in our Instagram Reels according to the objective that we pursue in them. and some practical examples.
It is clear that, depending on our objectives or what we pursue, the CTAs that we use in our Reels will be one or the other, and for this reason in this section we are going to see a range of different examples and situations in which we can use each one of them.
The types of calls to action that we can make in Instagram Reels and that we are going to divide depending on the objective that we pursue with them are the following:
- CTA to get Likes on Instagram Reels.
- CTA to get comments on Instagram Reels.
- CTA to get people to save the Instagram Reel.
- CTA to get people to share the Instagram Reel.
- CTA to sell with Instagram Reels.
- CTA to get private messages with Instagram Reels
CTA to get Likes on Instagram Reels
As you may well think, these types of calls to action are designed to get people to like your Instagram Reel.
When our Reels have a large number of Likes, apart from meaning that many people like that type of content, when a new person comes to view one of our Reels, it will be easier for them to see it until the end or even give it a thumbs up. like too.
We can encourage people to Like our Reel if we use the appropriate calls to action, and we are going to give you some examples of calls to action to get Likes on your Reel.
- Say at the end of the Reel: Like for part 2.
- Say at the end of the Reel: Double click if you liked it.
- Say at the end of the Reel: Like if you want more content like this.
- Say at the end of the Reel: Double click if you agree.
- Say at the end of the Reel: Double click if you know someone like that.
- Don't forget to Like the Post to support the account.
- Like if you liked the video.
CTA to get comments on Instagram Reels
Another of the objectives that we can have when publishing an Instagram Reel is interaction, since, if we get our content to have a lot of interaction with viewers, it will be shown more and more and will reach a greater number of users.
Likes are a form of interaction between people and the content they post, but another very important one is the comments on Instagram Reels. These comments can arise naturally through the visualization of the Reel but we can also guide people to make them through the type of content, questions that we launch during it, etc.
Next we are going to give you some examples of CTAs focused on getting comments on Instagram Reels.
- Tell me if you knew this in comments.
- Leave me your opinion in the comments.
- Comment with an emoji (one color) if you want more content like this on Reels.
- If you know any more examples, leave it in comments.
- Comment if it happened to you too.
- In favor or oppossing? Leave it in comments.
- These are my recommendations, make yours in comments.
- What theme would you like to see the next Reels on? Leave it to me in comments.
- Do you know of any other examples? Leave it to me in comments.
CTA for people to save the Instagram Reel
Another way to achieve interaction and therefore ensure that our content in Reels is disseminated through Instagram and shown to a greater number of people, would be to get the people who view our Reel to save it so that they can view it in the future.
When we save an Instagram Reel, we are showing the intention of wanting to see this Reel on future occasions. This for Instagram is something very positive since it indicates that it is content that has value in the eyes of the user; and for this reason if people save our Reels our content will be shown more through the social network.
Some of the calls to action that we can make to encourage people to view our Instagram Reels are:
- If you liked the content, save this Reel.
- In order not to forget anything, save this Reel and see it again as many times as you want.
- If you want more content like this, bookmark this Reel.
- Save this Reel for part 2.
- If you like the content of my account, save this Reel.
- If you support this type of content, save this Reel.
- Save this Reel to always have it at hand.
- Save this Reel and I will continue making similar content.
- To support the content I post, save this Reel.
CTA for people to share the Instagram Reel
Another way that our content published in Reels reaches a greater number of people within the Instagram platform is that those who have viewed the Reel share it with more people, and these with more people.
On the one hand, with the simple act of sharing content we are voluntarily causing another person to view the content, and there is the possibility that the person to whom we have shared it will share it with more people. On the other hand, when a content is widely shared, the social network interprets that it is a content that is good and of quality for the users and therefore it is the social network itself that is also going to be in charge of showing this content to users. more people within your platform.
For all this it seems like a good idea to make calls to action aimed at people sharing your Reel, and some examples of these are:
- Share with the friend who doesn't stop doing it.
- Share with the person you would do this with.
- Share with the person you want to go to this site with.
- Share with the person you want to do it.
- Share this Reel with your friends so they know too.
- If you liked this Reel, your friends will like it too. Don't forget to share.
- Share with the person who has to prepare this dish for you.
- Share to continue making similar content.
- Do you like the content of my account? Support him by sharing.
- If you want more content of this type, do not forget to share.
CTA to sell on Instagram Reels
Many brands or small businesses use Instagram Reels as a claim or showcase to show their products and how they are used. If this is one of the cases, it seems like a good idea to launch calls to action so that people take advantage of an offer or purchase a certain product.
Some examples of calls to action that you can make in Reels to sell a product are:
- Use the discount code in the link in Bio.
- Buy it with a discount at the link in Biography.
- Buy it at the link in Bio for a limited time.
- Start your free trial at the link in Bio.
- Buy it this week only, link in Bio.
- Download it at the link in Bio.
CTA to get private messages with Instagram Reels
On the other hand, it may be that with your Reels you are looking for a way to directly contact the people who are watching your content, and a good way to do it privately is through Instagram direct messages.
Direct messages are those chats within Instagram in which we can talk with a person individually or in groups, so that this content is not read by all people as is the case with comments. For this reason, if you want to encourage people to have direct contact with you through direct messages using Reels, some examples of calls to action for this can be:
- Send me a private message to get a discount code.
- If you want more information, send me a private message.
- Need help? Send me a private message.
- If you want to see your case individually, private message.
- For any related questions, send me a private message.
With this, you already know what a call to action is and how a call to action should be so that it is effective and we achieve with it what we want to achieve.
You also know the types of calls to action that exist and how to apply them according to what we want to achieve with our Instagram Reel, as well as some examples adapted to each type of CTA. Surely, in practice, you can think of many more examples of calls to action to include in your Reels and you can check which are the most effective related to your type of content on the Instagram social network.