We cannot deny that Roblox is one of the most popular games today. Children and adolescents spend many hours entertained, sharing different moments and experiences. So let's learn in a few steps how to configure Roblox on PC, Xbox, Mac, Tablets and mobile phones..
Remember that we also have different guides that can be very helpful, especially if Roblox does not start in Windows, something that can be too annoying.
How to set up a Roblox account
The first thing we are going to do is create a Roblox account for our son on the roblox.com website. It is important that we correctly place all the data in order to specify the security and interaction settings within the platform..
When creating an account, you will see that the first thing you are asked for is a username, a password and a date of birth. Although, unlike other sites, email will not be necessary.
Although it is not a mandatory information, it is important that we take it into account, since otherwise we will not be able to activate the two-step verification. You will also not be able to recover your account if you have lost or forgotten your password..
Another important aspect that we must keep in mind when creating an account is to activate its PIN. With this, we can be sure that no changes will be made without your authorization.
Next, activate any account restrictions you deem necessary. This way you can limit the games available on Roblox based on your age and limit online interactions.
You will then be able to add credit to your child's account so they can spend on the different games that the Roblox platform has to offer.
Check your child's age on Roblox
An important aspect to keep in mind is that Roblox offers the possibility of being able to talk with other players, either in voice chat or through private messages. In addition, your child may be exposed by sharing information more easily with other players. In this sense, it is best to change the name of the character, avoiding the use of the child's real name.
That is why, in order to limit functions like this, the data you have entered when creating an account must be correct. So how do we limit interactions with other players?
- Start by going to the Settings page from the options menu. This option is in the upper right corner of the screen, represented by a gear icon.
- In the next interface select “Account Information”.
- Then click on “Verify age”. Next, Roblox will show you a series of prompts. In order to do it correctly, he must take a photograph of his identification card and another of his son.
- Once your child's account has been successfully verified, you will be able to use the “Privacy” section to turn voice chats on or off within the platform.
How to install and configure Roblox on PC or Mac
Although it is true that Roblox has a website, it is not enabled to play. Therefore, you need to download the program on your PC or Mac. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start by going to roblox.com and sign in with your child's account.
- From the main page, we can see all the options available to play. Select one of them to continue.
- In the following interface, click the icon, play, and a pop-up window will open immediately.
- Click on the “Download and install Roblox” button.
- Wait for the download to finish, and then run the installer when prompted. You will now be able to start playing Roblox on your computer.
How to install Roblox to play on Xbox
- The first thing we need to do is sign in to your Xbox console with the account you want to use to play Roblox.
- Next, open the Microsoft Store on your Xbox console, search for Roblox and click “Download”.
- You will then receive a confirmation email from your Xbox.
- After the download process is complete, load the game and click on “Sign in to Roblox”.
- You will then need to log into your Roblox account with your username and password.
- The next step will be to link your Xbox account to Roblox. We will explain it in more detail below.
- Finally select some game you like and start playing. Note that you will need to play at least five games to expand the list of options.
How to link an Xbox account to Roblox
If you want to access all the content online and be able to interact with other players, you will need to link your Xbox account to Roblox. To do this, start by logging into Roblox on your Xbox console and press the X button on your controller so you can access your account settings.
Then you must grant the multiplayer functions if necessary in the following way:
- Log in as your primary user and access your account settings.
- Then go to “Manage Family Accounts”.
- In the next interface, select your child's account and enter "View details and personalize".
- Next, check that the “Can join multiplayer games” option is set to “Allow”.
- Also make sure the “Can view and upload community creations” option is set to “Everyone”.
- When finished, save your settings and sign back into your child's account.
If setup was successful, you should see three green circles on the "Account Settings" page for Roblox.
How to set up my child's Roblox account on smartphones and tablets
We already explained how to set up your child's Roblox account from your computer or Mac, but how to set up my child's account on iOS or Android phones and tablets? Well, to do so, follow these steps:
- Enter the App Store on your mobile phone or tablet (Google Play or Apple Store as appropriate), search for the Roblox application and download it.
- Next, log in with your Roblox account, entering your child's username and password. If you do not have an account, create it as we explained at the beginning.
- Once you have entered your username and password, you will need to enter the verification code you received via email.
- Next, from the main Roblox interface, tap on the bell icon in the upper right corner of the screen and then on “Settings”. Or, on the icon of the three points in the lower right corner of the screen and then on “Settings”.
- Within the settings, go to “Account Information”, “Security” and “Interactions” and verify that they are appropriate.
Finally, check that your mobile device's in-app purchase settings require a password. In this way, her son will not be able to complete any transaction without her consent.