How to edit a GIF with Photoshop With Movie Maker Edit a GIF file online
Editing a GIF file can be complicated, but not impossible. To learn how to edit a GIF we need to use specific software. Luckily we have several options on the internet to achieve this..
GIF files that are animated can be a bit complicated to edit. However, we are going to see three methods so you can do it the way you want. They are not difficult at all to carry out. In addition, we will explain how to do it step by step.
How to edit a GIF with Photoshop
Photoshop is a fairly complex editing program with countless options. You don't need to know how to use it perfectly to edit a GIF file. Follow this step-by-step guide and you will quickly have your file edited..
- The first thing we will do is right click on the file we want to edit. We are going to go to “ Open with ” and then choose “ Photoshop ”. We can do this from the program. Once opened, click on “ File ” and then go to “ Open ”, look for the GIF that we want to edit and that's it.
- Once the file is open, we are going to go to “ Window ” and then “ Timeline ” to be able to see each of the frames that are part of the animation.
- You will notice that a bar appears at the bottom with all the frames. You will have to find the one you want to edit and select it.
- Next, you will have to select any editing tool that meets your needs to proceed with editing.
- When you're done, you'll have to go to File > Export > Save for Web (legacy).
- A window appears where you should not modify anything. Simply click “ Save ” and that's it.
With Movie Maker
Quite an interesting, powerful, free and easy-to-use editing program. In case the option we mentioned above is not to your liking. Then you can opt for this one that, within everything, can achieve the same thing.
- Once Movie Maker is downloaded, what we are going to do is select “ Import multimedia files ” and look for the GIF that we want to modify.
- After this we will have to click on the GIF file and hold down the mouse button to drag the file to the bar at the bottom, which would be the timeline.
- We can see a small player in the upper right part of the screen. We simply advance the playback bar to the moment where we want to edit the file.
- Then you will have to choose “ Text ” at the top and you will be able to select the effect you want to use.
- You will have the possibility of adding any kind of text and modifying its format (font, size, color, etc.)
- Once finished, you will have to choose “ Export ” to be able to export the GIF file.
- Again we are going to select “ Export ” but this time on the button that appears at the bottom right of the screen.
Edit a GIF file online
For this we are going to use the Filmora website that will allow us to add text anywhere in the GIF animation. It is a fairly simple process to carry out and we will see step by step how to do it..
- The first thing is to go to the Filmora website .
- Now we can drag the file to the interface or click on the box that says “ Drop a file or click here to upload ” and then search for the GIF file on our computer.
- When it finishes uploading we will see a new window where we will have to edit the file size. After cropping the size, we will have to click “ OK ” to continue.
- Then we will go to the main interface to edit the GIF image. We will have to click on the devil box to be able to add the text that we want to appear in the GIF.
- Once finished, you will have to click on “ Add text box ”.
- Now you will be able to change the font, align, change color, size, etc.
- When you finish editing, all you have to do is press “ Create ”.
- The creation process can take a few minutes so you will have to be patient.
When you finish, the only thing left to do is simply click on “ Download ” and that's it. This way you will have the GIF edited to your liking and ready to use wherever you want.