As Sony continues its distribution of PS5, thousands of gamers will finally be able to taste the next gen..
But many gamers were unable to pre-order the console early enough to receive it when it was released. Some stores have even notified customers that they shouldn't wait until mid-2021 for their devices. While you might not be able to play the new games on the console, you can nonetheless participate in the next-gen experience with the DualSense controller recently released around the world.
Just because you don't have the console doesn't mean you can't test the new controller. Much like the latest DualShock4 controller, the DualSense can be connected to mobile devices for use in games that support it..
How to connect a DualSense controller to an Android phone
- First, you need to make sure the controller isn't plugged in or plugged into a PlayStation console. If you have a console, the best way to make sure it's not connected is to simply turn it off when you pair your controller to your phone.
- Then, put the controller in pairing mode. This can be done by holding down the button to the left of the touchpad and the PlayStation button in the center of the controller. When activated together for a short time, the lights around the touchscreen will start blinking blue, notifying you that it is searching for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Now it's time to turn to your phone. First, make sure your Bluetooth is turned on. Otherwise you will not be able to pair them.
- Then go to your phone's menu. Keep pressing the Bluetooth icon until you get to the menu.
- Click on the Bluetooth pairing button and select the controller from the available devices. Finally, wait for the connection to be made between your phone and your DualSense controller.
- Once the process is complete, you should be able to use your controller on all the apps that support the controller.
Keep in mind that no app will be able to get the most out of the next-gen controller, including haptic sensors and adaptive aiming. To experience these features, you will need a PS5 console or wait for other apps that support these features to come out on Android.