Sony has finally released its PS5 console to thousands of gamers around the world, offering them the chance to play the next generation of video games..
When released, the PS5 offers several exclusive titles to the platform that can run on 4k and 60 FPS. These games take advantage of the console's internal hardware and the new DualSense controller that comes with the PS5.
The console often sees a spike in problems reported by users upon release, as the hardware is tested in unprecedented situations. The same can be said of video games..
These games should work fine in most cases, but some may also run into minor issues caused by corrupted files. This data can be corrupted for several reasons.
But luckily, there are ways to fix this problem..
How to fix corrupted files on PS5
- First, you have to access the system options by selecting the gear at the top right of the home screen.
- From the options, select Storage, then Console Storage, and finally, Games and Apps.
- Then a list of games and apps installed on the PS5 will be shown. Find the game that is having problems and delete its files from the console.
- Then, you will either have to reinsert the disc if you have a physical version of the game, or download and reinstall the game via the PlayStation store.
This should fix any issues you had with keeping the game in the same place.
Another cause of problems can be the corrupted game save: this can be the cause of freezing, low performance or game crashes. To correct this problem, you must use the PlayStation Plus, or you will have to delete the save and to start all over.
With PlayStation Plus, it is possible to upload your game saves to a cloud service.
- Access game saves and game / app options in the console options menu.
- Then you will be able to see the cloud backups. Select one of them that did not cause any problems and download it to the console to delete the corrupted save.
This should take you back a few minutes, but fixing the issues. Unfortunately, if the problem is with the game itself, you would have to wait until an update becomes available to correct the error.