PlayStation VR gives console users easy access to the VR gaming experience. This additional accessory for the Sony PlayStation console is a virtual reality headset that can be paired with the PlayStation controller to provide a very immersive VR experience..
With the release of Sony's new PS5, gamers have likely noticed the VR titles in the store. Fortunately for owners of the original device, you won't need to purchase a new PSVR since the original is compatible with the PS5 console.
How to install the PSVR on the PS5
- First, you need to buy an adapter to connect your old PlayStation camera to your PS5 console
- Users who already have the PSVR can request to have the adapter shipped to you for free on the PlayStation support site . Once on the site, users will need to enter their PSVR serial number. This is on the back of the processor unit.
- Once entered, you will be asked to enter your delivery address to have the adapter sent by mail. Once received you can continue installing your PSVR.
- Installing it from there is very easy. The process is the same as for the PS4, first connect your HDMI cables from your console to the process of the PSVR and then to the TV.
- Connect the USB and your new camera adapter to the back of your console. Make sure your headset is also connected and you are good to go.
There are several things to note when using the PSVR on the PS5. First of all, the new HD camera available for the PS5 will not be compatible with the current PSVR headset. You will need the adapter to connect with the old device..
When playing PSVR games you will need to use either the PlayStation controllers or the DualShock 4 as currently, the DualSense will not work for some games as it uses different motion technology.
So far, PlayStation has only started shipping the adapters and the delivery process could take several weeks..