At downloadsource.es we have already spoken to you on several occasions about the increasingly popular night mode or dark mode of applications, services, websites, operating systems, etc. There are already many services and platforms such as YouTube, Messenger, or Twitter that incorporate by default the possibility of activating the dark mode, which basically will do is to darken the whitest and brightest areas of the interface. Well, this dark mode is now available on iPhone and iPad with the new iOS 13.
Related: How to activate dark mode in Facebook Messenger app
iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 finally offer users the coveted Dark Mode feature on Apple mobile devices. This function integrates perfectly not only with the interface of the iOS operating system but also with any of the applications and websites that are compatible with this Night Mode..
When you enable dark mode on your iPhone or iPad, the complete user interface of your mobile device will change. Now you will see a black background and white text. Apple has opted for a true black theme, which means that the background on most of the system backgrounds will be pure black instead of dark gray.
With that said, let's get down to the basics, how to enable dark mode on your iPhone or iPad:
How to activate dark mode on iPhone and iPad
- The first thing will be to update your iOS operating system. You must have iOS 13 or higher in both the iPhone and iPad versions..
- Once updated, you will have to slide your finger from the bottom edge of the screen to the top in order to unfold the Control Center .
Note: If you have one of the iPhone X models ... (Without start button) you will have to slide down the edge of the upper right part of the screen, just like with iPad users..
- Here, you will have to press and hold on the Brightness control icon on your screen .
- This will expose several options from which you must select the one that says: Dark Mode .
- This will automatically turn on the dark mode of your iPhone or iPad and therefore visible in the entire iOS interface as well as in the apps and websites compatible with this mode.
Note: To deactivate the dark mode you will only have to repeat the same process as to deactivate it.
How to show dark mode on iPhone or iPad permanently in Control Center.
- If you want a dedicated control for dark mode on your iPhone or iPad, you can do it as an independent in the Control Center of your iOS device.
- To activate it you will have to go to: Settings> Control center> Customize controls .
- Once here you will have to find the option Dark Mode and click on the icon + of Color Green.
- This will cause it to be displayed in the upper section of activated options in the Control Center . Also in this section you can organize the place where you want the Dark Mode switch to appear .
- Now you can exit the Settings and open the Control Center to check how now the dedicated dark mode switch of your iPhone or iPad is shown directly and not through the brightness settings.
How to activate dark mode at a specific time on your iPhone or iPad.
- As if that were not enough, the dark mode also allows you to configure it to automatically activate at a time specified by the user.
- For this you will have to go to: Settings> Display and brightness.
- Here you will have to activate the Automatic button located under the Aspeto section.
- By default this function is configured to activate dark mode when sunset begins, which is done automatically by the device. However, if you click on this option, you will be able to select the option: Customized schedule .
- This will expose the settings that allow you to select the time you want the Light Aspect to activate and when the Dark Aspect.
- When everything is configured, you can close the settings. From this moment your iPhone or iPad will automatically activate the dark mode at the time specified by you.