Few are the services or applications that do not yet offer a dark mode or night mode to reduce eye strain in dimly lit environments. Well, although with some delay WhatsApp has just released a new update that incorporates Dark Mode by default on both Android and iPhone (iOS).
Related: How to activate dark mode in Facebook Messenger app
Whatsapp dark mode basically what it will do is turn light colors into dark. In this way when we are in a low light or even dark environment and we are using WhatsApp, the faint colors of its interface will not cause fatigue or discomfort in our eyes..
On the other hand, if we do not use the dark mode of WhatsApp in a low light environment, the interface of the app will be very bright and therefore can cause irritation in your eyes as well as tiredness. Therefore, the dark mode of Whatsapp will only bring benefits to Android and iPhone users.
As we have mentioned, the dark mode of WhatsApp is now available on both Android and iPhone. In Android the Dark Mode of WhatsApp works independently, however the Dark Mode in iPhone is linked to the iOS operating system..
Having said this, we want to show you step by step how to activate WhatsApp dark mode on both iPhone and Android.
How to activate dark mode of Whatsapp on Android
1. Update the Whatsapp app to the latest version..
2. Open WhatsApp and tap on the three vertical dots .
3. In the menu select the option: Settings
4. Go to: Chats
5. Then, under the Screen section you will have to select: Theme
6. Now you can choose the Mode: Dark
7. After clicking on Ok the Dark Mode will be activated.
How to activate WhatsApp dark mode on iPhone with iOS.
1. Update your Whatsapp app on iPhone.
2. Open the Settings app
3. Select the option: Display and Brightness
4. Click on: Dark
5. This will activate the dark mode not only in Whatsapp but in the entire iOS operating system. This dark mode can be configured to only activate at certain times. If you want to know more about it, we recommend reading the following tutorial: How to activate the Dark Mode of iPhone and iPad (iOS)