Not all people want to show their profile data to other users. Some create an account just for friends and want more control over it. To do this, TikTok provides for closing your page, that is, it can be made non-public. This option can be enabled or disabled any number of times. In this article, we will look at how to remove a private TikTok account if you have previously closed it..
There is only one way to make your page public again. How to disable a private account on TikTok?
- Open the TikTok app and log in if necessary.
- Go to the Profile tab in the lower right corner. This is a human icon.
- Click on the three dashes in the upper right corner. Soon you will be able to remove privacy.
- Tap on the Privacy button .
To open an account, in the Visibility section , switch the Private account toggle switch to the off position.
There is an explanation below the button that explains what the function means. Only approved followers will be able to see the video on your profile. However, current subscribers will not be affected..
The web version of TikTok does not have all the settings that are in the mobile application. The web profile settings are synced with the settings in the app on your smartphone. However, it is possible to turn off private (or turn on) on the web TikTok.
- Open TikTok in a browser and log in.
- In the upper right corner, hover over the round image. It stands for your profile.
- In the dropdown menu, click Settings.
- In the Privacy section, switch the Private toggle switch to the off position.
To change the privacy settings in the opposite direction, follow the same instructions that we described above. When you get to the toggle switch Private account , switch it to the On position ..
Ready! Now your profile is closed again. Recall that this will not affect current subscribers in any way. Therefore, if you do not want one of them to see your videos, block him.