Sign a PDF document Sign a document from iPhone From the Macbook touchpad Use digital certificates to sign PDF
It is very easy to sign a PDF document on most devices. Many offices have decided to replace paper documents to make way for digital ones and their enormous advantages: they are more flexible, faster and difficult to lose..
Sign a PDF document
On several occasions we will have to deal with digital documents and resend them signed. With the ideal tools, it is possible to add our signature and reuse it at any time.
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a tool that allows us to open, edit and sign PDF documents, offering certain levels of security. In order to sign a PDF document we will have to follow the steps detailed below..
- The first thing we will do is install Adobe and open the document we want to sign.
- Once it is open, we are going to go to “Tools”.
- Here we will select "Fill and sign" to activate this option.
- We will click on the “Sign” tab
- We will select “Add signature” and we will draw a signature with the mouse, stylus or with our finger in case of using a touch screen. We can even add an image, it can be our scanned signature.
To finish, we are simply going to have to click on “Apply”.
Sign a document from iPhone
From our iOS device we have a default application that is installed on all mobiles..
- We open the PDF that we want to sign.
- We choose the marking icon similar to the tip of a pencil.
- Once the markup menu opens, we are going to select the + Signature icon.
- We will add or create a new signature, when we finish we will click Done.
From the Macbook touchpad
- We will open the document we need to sign and right click to preview it.
- Then we will click on the briefcase-shaped icon to open the toolbar and choose the signature icon.
- We'll draw the signature using the touchpad and then we're going to press Enter.
- We will press Done and we will have the signature added to the document.
All the above procedures are considered electronic signatures. It is possible to draw them with the mouse, touchpad or scan a signature. It is also considered a simple electronic signature, because the eIDAS regulation considers that it does not meet the legal requirements to uniquely identify the signatory. It is not recommended to use it in important agreements, since they can be easily forged.
Use digital certificates to sign PDF
The most secure way to sign with Adobe is by using a personal or corporate digital certificate. For this we must follow these steps:
- We go to the Tools tab and click on Certificates.
- Then we select "Sign digitally" and we will automatically draw a box to place the signature of the digital certificate.
- We choose the certificate and press “Enter”.
Unfortunately, very few people have a certificate, because they do not have enough information about the benefits it can provide.